Wow…the 100th post. I started this blog in December of last year as a way to cope with the death of my Grandfather. There are times that I have loved blogging and times that it has taken a back burner due to the wonderfully hectic circumstances in life. I took a bit of time making this 100th post because it’s time to make a decision – continue and pursue this further or know that I made a hundred posts and let it go.
My thoughts then turned to the fact that the camera I use to take photos with is craptastic. Making the choice to continue with blogging, I want to continue to improve, learn, and share my journey. So I am glad to announce, the first pictures from my new (actual) camera.
So, there you go. I have made my decision. I love challenging myself in the kitchen and can’t wait to learn how to photograph food. My sister is starting to experiment with food and I couldn’t be prouder to have influenced that in some way.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chili powder, or other chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine ground espresso coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pound shoulder center steak (Ranch Steak), or top sirloin, about 1 1/4-inch thick